11.06.2008

President Obama


I have to put in my two cents about this saga... which I'm so glad is over. I'll admit its the first time in my life that I actually cared maybe because things are affecting me now that I have a family and pay taxes and am living off the Government with Medicaid and food stamps ( which is awesome by the way). So last election I was to interested in dating Chris and getting to know him rather then the world around me. With that said, I'm glad Obama won because of the things that are important to me are, welfare, insurance, the war. I hate, hate, hate war, I don't understand how a society with so much intelligence could possible find the only way to solve a problem is with guns and intimidation. I find it so disappointing. I love Obama
s fresh out look, earlier he said he would like to "talk" to these people and McCain laughed and told him he was so naive, I wanted to scream! How is war the only answer and to say that a mere conversation is naive. I find it great that someone wants to talk rather then fight, maybe thats the change we need. Sure he does not have experience but I would much rather have someone with positivity, confidence, charisma and is not politically corrupt, rather then POW who is sooo politically corrupt and has been in the business to long that he looses sight as to what its all about and doesn't step back and take a look at the bigger picture. Besides Bush has had more experience then both of them and he didn't do much to help us out either. So experience is not the criteria I was looking for.


Well I didn't mean to get so political and passionate, I think what started all of it was Michael Moore, I know, I know what all of you are thinking, "I hate that guy". Well me to until I put all assumptions and judgments aside and actually listened and weight all the facts he presents. Now I don't agree with everything he says but I do agree with a lot of what he says. It started with the his documentary about health insurance, and i can't for the life of me remember what its called. That movie got me sooooo wound up I was angry and wanted to move to Canada! So if you haven't seen it then GO see it. Point is we need change and I hope that is exactly what we get.
SICKO is the MOVIE-----------------GO RENT IT

No comments: